Terms of Service
Last update: February 2017
Welcome to Boonle.com. The following terms and conditions (these “Terms of Service“), govern your access to and use of the Boonle website, including any content, functionality and services offered on or through boonle.com (the “Site“).
This Site is offered and available to users who are 18 years of age or older. If you are under 18 you may not use this Site or the Boonle services. By using this Site, you represent and warrant that you are of legal age to form a binding contract with the Company and meet all of the foregoing eligibility requirements. If you do not meet all of these requirements, you must not access or use the Site.
Our Customer Support team is available if you have any questions regarding the Site or Terms of Service. Contacting our Customer Support team can be performed by visiting our Support page.
The Squeezed Version
- A service requested on Boonle is called a Project.
- Clients can post both “Free” and “Paid” projects. Free projects offer the ability to leave a monetary tip to Students once the project is completed. Paid projects require the Clients to pay the specified amount upfront. Only registered users may post and pay for Projects on Boonle. Registration is free.
- Students gain account statuses (Levels) based on their performance and reputation.
- Students must fulfill their orders, and may not cancel on a regular basis or without cause.
- Users may not offer or accept payments using any method other than placing an order through Boonle.com. Projects must be worked on using the Boonle platform.
- Clients are granted all rights for the delivered work, unless otherwise specified by the Student in advance to the Client. Boonle retains the right to use all published delivered works for Boonle marketing and promotion purposes.
- Each Project you complete successfully, accredits your account with a net revenue of 70% of the total amount paid.
- Boonle accredits Students 5 days after a project is started, assuming the Student has received no flags on their account. Receiving a flag on your account will suspend payment until the flag has been resolved and may result in a refund to the client.
- Students may withdraw their revenues to a PayPal account of their choice.
- The Student’s rating is calculated based on a number of factors, including feedback reviews received from Clients, appreciations, amount of orders, cancelled orders, and late deliveries.
- Boonle is all about helping Students leverage their skills. We seek to empower top performing Students with helpful tools to grow their business.
- Students who invest in self-promotion may achieve greater customer satisfaction. And, if they deliver on time and maintain high quality and ratings, Boonle may reward them with new statuses, special opportunities, benefits, and tools that come with it.
- Boonle Students can gain account statuses (Level 1, Level 2 …) based on their activity, performance and reputation.
- Each level opens up additional opportunities and tools for the Students to extend their business. Students who are promoted to a higher level are required to maintain their service level and high rating to keep their preferred status.
- Levels are updated automatically as projects are completed. Students may experience a drop in level if, for example, there are warnings to the Students account, account/projects are removed from the system.
Top Rated Students
- Top Rated Students are displayed automatically depending on a number of criteria, such as projects completed, reviews, appreciations, and payments received.
- Students may browse available projects and apply to work on them.
- In order to work on a Project, a Student must be hired by the Client who owns the project.
- When a Student is hired for a Project, the Student is notified by email as well as receives notification on the site while logged in to your account.
- A Client may cancel a Project or release a Student from a Project without the Student’s consent at any given moment (Force Cancellation).
Staying out of Trouble
- To protect our users’ privacy, user identities must be kept anonymous. Requesting or providing Email addresses, Skype/IM usernames, telephone numbers or any other personal contact details (other than your name) to communicate outside of the Boonle network is not permitted.
- All communications, information and file exchanges must be performed exclusively using Boonle’s messaging system.
- Users may receive a warning to their account for violations of our Terms of Service or any user misconduct reported to our Policy Enforcement team. If a user receives a warning, they are notified of the violation immediately on the Site. Warnings do not limit account activity, but can lead to your account becoming permanently disabled based on the severity of the violation.
- Posting or sending adult, illegal, rude, abusive, improper, copyright protected, promotional, spam, violent, nonsense or any uncool stuff is strictly prohibited. Doing so will get your account disabled permanently.
Work Delivery & Communications
- You are responsible for scanning all transferred files for viruses and malware. Boonle will not be held responsible for any damages which might occur due to site usage, use of content or files transferred.
- Students must deliver completed files and/or proof of work using the Upload Project Files button (located on the Project page).
- Responding and posting a review: Once work is delivered, the Client has the option to leave a review.
- Clients may request modifications to a finished project prior to marking it “complete.” Clients can do this by composing a message to the Student.
- Feedback reviews provided by Clients while completing an order are an essential part of Boonle’s rating system. Reviews demonstrate the Client’s overall experience with their Student. Clients are encouraged to communicate to the Student any concerns experienced during their active order in regards to the service provided by the Student. Our Customer Support team can help review any cases of misconduct experienced in a Boonle order.
- Leaving a Client’s feedback is a basic prerogative of an Client. Feedback reviews will not be removed unless there are clear violations to our Terms of Service.
- To prevent any misuse of our Feedback system, all feedback reviews given to a Student must come from legitimate sales executed exclusively through the Boonle platform from users within our Community. Any purchases arranged from services outside of Boonle to enhance your ratings or to abuse the Boonle platform using fraudulent purchases will result in a permanent suspension of the Student’s account.
- To withdraw your funds, you must have an account with PayPal and have it connected to your Boonle account.
- Your Boonle profile can be associated with one PayPal account. A PayPal account can be associated with only one Boonle profile.
- Funds are only made available for withdrawal from the Earnings page after all funds pass a safety clearance. This can sometimes take up to 14 days, but it is often sooner.
- Withdrawal fees are assumed by Boonle.
- Withdrawals are final and cannot be undone. We will not be able to refund or change this process once it has begun.
You acknowledge and agree that:
- we are not a bank or other licensed financial institution and do not provide banking services or any financial services to you;
- the funds shown in your Account represents our unsecured obligations to you with respect to your rights to direct us to make payment in relation to transactions through the Website;
- to the extent that we are required to release funds from your Account to you, you will become our unsecured creditor until such funds are paid to you;
- we are not acting as a trustee or fiduciary with respect to such funds or payments;
- the amount of funds showing in your Account is not insured and is not a guaranteed deposit;
- funds may only be loaded into your Account, or released from your Account, by us and you must only use the mechanisms available on the Website to pay for, or receive funds
- Paying for Projects is handled through PayPal. You can make payment by using your PayPal account or a valid credit card.
- As a Client, your identity is kept anonymous at all times. To protect your privacy, avoid requesting or providing Email addresses, Skype/IM usernames, telephone numbers or any other personal contact information to communicate outside of Boonle.
- You may not offer to pay Students, or make payment using any method other than through the Boonle.com site.
- You may not pay other users directly using any method other than ordering through the Boonle order page. In case you have been asked to use an alternative payment method, please report it immediately to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In case of a problem, always try and work things out with your Student. If you need further assistance, contact our customer support here.
General Payment Terms
All payments will be in the local currency based on the location of the Site. You agree that you are responsible for the collection and/or payment of all Taxes which you may be liable for in any jurisdiction arising from your work on, or hiring of, any Projects completed via the Site. Boonle is not responsible for collecting, reporting, paying, or remitting to you any such Taxes. “Taxes” means any applicable duties, sales taxes, GST, VAT or other taxes which may be levied in respect of a transaction contemplated by this Agreement.
- Violation of Boonle’s Terms of Service may get your account disabled permanently.
- Users who have violated our Terms of Service and had their account disabled may contact our Customer Support team for more information surrounding the violation and status of the account.
- Students will be able to withdraw their revenues from disabled accounts after a safety period of 45 to 90 days, depending on the reason, from the day of the last cleared payment received in their account and subject to Boonle’s approval.
- Disputes should be handled by contacting Boonle customer support.
- Boonle reserves the right to put any account on hold or permanently disable accounts due to breach of these terms or any illegal or inappropriate use of the site or services. Users with accounts on hold will not be able to sell or buy on Boonle.
- Boonle may modify its Terms of Service from time to time. When these modifications are made, Boonle will make a new copy of the terms of service available on this page that you are on.
- You understand and agree that if you use Boonle after the date on which the Terms of Service have changed, Boonle will treat your use as acceptance of the updated Terms of Service.
Disputes and Cancellations
- We encourage our Clients and Students to try and settle conflicts amongst themselves. If for any reason this fails, users can contact Boonle’s customer support department for assistance here.
- Payment disputes should be reported directly to Boonle Support
- Filing a dispute or reversing a payment through your payment provider or your bank prior to attempting to resolve the matter by working it out with the Client through and/or contacting customer support through this Site may get your account disabled to investigate possible security violations.
Ownership and Limitations
Ownership and limitations: unless clearly stated otherwise in the Project description text, when the work is delivered, the Client is granted all intellectual property rights, including but not limited to, copyrights for the work delivered from the Student and the Student waives any and all moral rights therein. For removal of doubt, in custom created work (such as art work, design work, report generation etc.), the delivered work shall be the exclusive property of Client. The Student expressly agrees to assign to Client the copyright in any delivered work that do not meet the requirements of a work-for-hire under the U.S. Copyright Act. Additionally, independent of the U.S. Copyright Act, the Student agrees that unless indicated otherwise in the Project description, once the order is completed the Student assigns along with it to the Client, to the fullest extent possible under the law, all of its rights, title and interest, if any, in and to the delivered work and waives any and all moral rights in connection therewith. All transfer and assignment of intellectual property to Client shall be subject to full payment for the Project.
Students further confirm that whatever information they receive from the Client, which is not public domain, shall not be used for any purpose whatsoever other than for the delivery of the work to the Client.
Furthermore, users (both Clients and Students) agree that unless they explicitly indicate otherwise, the content users voluntarily create/upload to Boonle, including Project texts, photos, videos, usernames, user photos, user photos, user videos and any other information, including the display of delivered work, may be used by Boonle for no consideration for marketing and/or other purposes.
We wish to remind that Boonle.com’s content is based on User Generated Content (UGC). Boonle does not check user uploaded/created content for violations of copyright, trademarks or other rights. We invite everyone to report violations together with proof of ownership. Reported violating content may be removed or disabled. Furthermore, Boonle is not responsible for the content, quality or the level of service provided by the Students. We provide no warranty with respect to the Projects, their delivery, and any communications between Clients and Students. We encourage users to take advantage of our rating system, our community and common sense in choosing appropriate Project service offers.
By offering a service, the Student undertakes that he has sufficient permissions, rights and/or licenses to provide, sell or resell the service that they offer on Boonle.
Students advertising their work online must comply with laws and terms of service of the advertising platform or relevant website used to advertise. Failing to do so may lead to the suspension of Student’s account.
For specific terms related to Intellectual Property rights and for reporting claims of copyright infringement (DMCA notices) or trademark infringement – -lease see our Intellectual Property Claims Policy which forms an integral part of these Terms of Service. Note that It is our policy in appropriate circumstances to disable and/or terminate the accounts of users who are repeat infringers.
Disclaimer of Warranties
YOUR USE OF THE SITE, ITS CONTENT AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE SITE, ITS CONTENT AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. NEITHER BOONLE NOR ANY PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH BOONLE MAKES ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WITH RESPECT TO THE COMPLETENESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, ACCURACY OR AVAILABILITY OF THE WEBSITE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY WARRANTIES WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Limitation on Liability
IN NO EVENT WILL BOONLE, ITS AFFILIATES OR THEIR LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS OR DIRECTORS BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE WEBSITE, ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO IT, ANY CONTENT ON THE WEBSITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, AND WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY LIABILITY WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.